Practice Areas

Name Change for a Minor Child

Many children do not have the same last name as the parent that is primarily raising them. A minor name change is a bit more complex than a name change for an adult. It is necessary to file a Petition for a Name Change in the county court where you and the child reside. If both parents agree, a written consent shall also be filed with the court. If the other parent does not agree to the name change they must be given notice of the name change and notice of the hearing for the name change. Amy Cantor can assist you with changing the name of a minor. She has successfully completed numerous name changes in the St. Louis and St. Charles area.

Call today to discuss your case! (314) 453-9700