Practice Areas

Guardianship for Minors

A guardian of a minor is a legal relationship granted by the court where an adult who is not the child’s natural parent has the responsibility of providing support, care, education, health and welfare for a person under 18 years old. A guardianship is usually granted when the minor child’s parents are unable or unwilling to properly provide care for the child. You can establish a guardianship of a minor by filing the necessary documents in court. It is important to note that a guardianship is not permanent, and the natural parents can petition the court to terminate the guardianship.

Call Amy Cantor today at 314-453-9700 to hire an experienced divorce and family law attorney dedicated to assisting the city of St. Louis, St. Louis County, and St. Charles County.

Call today to discuss your case! (314) 453-9700